Options

Resume critique - No IT experience, just cert

tkfriend89tkfriend89 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I just passed my CompTIA A+ cert, and am currently studying for ICND1 ( CCENT) while looking for a help desk job. I plan on ultimately going into a networking role.

Could you guys please critique my resume? I have no IT experience. I am currently working part-time as an online search engine evaluator ( A.K.A not a "real" job). And I was actually fired from my job at the marketing firm because I was not a "good fit".

Here's the link to my resume:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzcg1OX7Fy75dDB6THU4TmN4ek0/view?usp=sharing

any suggestions??

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    kalimusclekalimuscle Member Posts: 100
    You have a tidy resume :) Even though you have zero years of IT experience you still have some work experience in other fields which is good.

Some suggestions.

Is it possible for you to make your resume only a page long? Or even full two pages? Currently you have 2 pages but in the second page it only covers 1/4 of the page (no biggie though)

Is it possible for you to list some more of your IT skills because all you have listed is * SQL * JavaScript and Microsoft Office suite things.

Best of luck for your job hunt :) I am sure you would be able to find an entry level IT position, just keep trying, be smart and don't give up !

I Also suggest that you get some Microsoft certifications as a lot of corporations uses Microsoft products and if you are a Microsoft certified Professional it would be beneficial for MSPs as they get partner points therefore increasing your chances of being hired !
    live, learn, grow, fail, rebuild and repeat until your heartbeat stops !
  • Options
    tkfriend89tkfriend89 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, KaliMuscle!

I have revised it a bit to make it easier on the eyes, and also a bit more technical.

Thoughts?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzcg1OX7Fy75Zl92NmctTkhKbXM/view?usp=sharing
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    Resume is descent.

A+ should be able to get you a help desk job.

Desktop Support they may want you to get a Windows 7 or 10 cert.

For networking then the CISCO path is where you want to be.
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It looks much better now that you've revised it. Just two quick suggestions of really no importance but just in case.

1. Change the word "novel" to something less cheesy.
    2. Your dashes between dates are abnormally long. It disturbs my eyes (no offense), so it just "might" disturb someone else's. Just a thought.