Options

CCT - has anybody done this one?

ElGato127ElGato127 Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
I noticed on the sticky about Cisco certs that there is a new cert called CCT.

Is it higher or lower than CCENT?

Is it necessary or even helpful?

I was also curious if anybody here has taken it. Impressions?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I have a friend that works at CompuCom that had to take this a while back due to his job description. After listening to his description, I thought of it as a "mini-ICND1". It may not even be as extensive as the Network+. Cisco came up with this cert for people that have to perform basic steps on routers and switches, but with a lot of direction from higher level support staff, such as TAC, or the company's Corp IT techs.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I can't believe someone has asked this. I was going to post this question last week but after some research and consideration I decided it wasn't worth it (for me) to pursue because I already have two certs from school that are above to this level.

It seems to be a lower cert. That is - it's going in a somewhat different direction than the CCENT/CCNA in a way. It's based more around being a field technician and/or quick fixes, and the material is a lot less intricate/detailed. I think they just keep it skeletal as to make it more simple and faster to learn how to "just" do the repetitive tasks associated with the abilities to "diagnose, restore, repair, and hot-swap Cisco products".

If you're going to pursue a CCENT/CCNA anyway, I wouldn't waste the time.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you plan on being a network admin/engineer it's not worth your time or money. Go get a CCNA.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.