Options

Streaming music recommendations

GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
I had Sirius radio in my car and I didn't renew this year and I'm looking for a good way to listen to music in my car besides the radio. I tried Spotify but it doesn't seem to have a big selection, or maybe I just haven't found the right list to listen to. I wanted to see what you all used. Anything you like?

Comments

• Options
    packetphilterpacketphilter Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I loaded all my favorites onto a USB flash drive and plugged it into my stereo. Before that I just plugged my phone into my stereo and played from my playlist I had on it. No commercials or advertisements!
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I like the variety on Amazon Prime Music. There's a decent selection of music but the actual playlists aren't great unless you like you make your own up.

If you don't mind the ads - my kids and their friends stream music off Youtube. I'm started to do the same occasionally and Youtube arguably has the broadest selection of music.
  • Options
    ViolatedViolated Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use Google Play Music because for the same price as Spotify I get a lot of music and YouTube Red which means no ads while I'm on my work computer.
  • Options
    LuieLuie Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use Pandora, something like 12 hours a day. Pick a band or song, and it builds a station of songs with similar features. Can be repetitive, but I've discovered a lot of things I like using it. I use the free version at work and home, so it's just a streaming radio function instead of 'pick your own songs'. The paid version I think allows more individual choice to set up playlists, but I've never bothered with it.
  • Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you're not limited on Phone Data, you could stream from youtube or making a list on your phone if you can't stand buffering, like me. I really enjoyed Pandora for a while until my list got too cumbersome to try to manage. Spotify is great because you get to play so many other people's lists and make your own. With premium you don't get the adds (okay, sure) and the power of spotify is in your initial setup, so it pays to go to great lengths to select your tastes. And if you do, you won't be disappointed easily.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use spotify, stitcher radio (podcast) and youtube are my go to.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Audiobooks streamed from your phone's bluetooth. Or podcasts.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    OP
    Spotify is the best service for streaming music but it is best listened to from a desktop since you are given premium options, which is why I use it when I'm at the office. When you stream via the phone you have to have a pro account to get access to shuffling or skipping songs.

When I'm in the car, it's iPhone loaded music all the time, that way I just ask Siri for what I want to listen to.
    Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    160GB iPod Classic when I'm in my car.

New Alternative Now | Free Internet Radio | Slacker Radio when I'm looking for new music to listen to.

Still waiting for Apple to revive the iPod Classic or launch a iPod nano with 64GB+
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks all for the new ideas! I'm going to check out Amazon Prime, Slacker and maybe Pandora again. I may just have to give it time on Spotify to see if I like it after my playlist is built and I've marked the music I like. I thought about buying the music and playing it off the phone but I think I would always be adding songs to the list after I get tired of it.
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Phone is loaded with every album of Metallica and Rammstein... that's all I need. :D
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Anything that streams good Norwegian black metal, Sirius doesn't stream that. Actually, almost nothing streams, so your own archive will be the best choice!
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    with Amazon Prime Music, you can download to your phone for offline usage on a lot of stuff so no data usage
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Iheartradio app. Never used it but a lot of people do. Personally I use pandora when i do my work outs.
  • Options
    shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +1 for Amazon Prime Music. I use it in combination with free tier Spotify.
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...