Options

All Users will be remote

CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
Hello,
I am looking for some possible recommendations for someone I know. This person has started running a legal consulting business from home. It started out as moonlighting, now it is his primary focus. He travels across the US, and ASIA most of the time. He has now taken on several employees and consultants ALL working from their homes. This firm is only going to get larger. He is trying to find a solution for Communicating, Email, File Sharing, and Office apps. I am aiming at an Enterprise level O365 E3 solution. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    For the business that you described - I would also recommend O365. It's definitely the better experience for business collaboration. I also have used G-Suite and O365 is superior imo. One thing that you may also want to consider given if the company has security concerns is to explore DaaS solutions with O365. Although Microsoft has discontinued their DaaS solution, I believe they partnered with Citrix to provide a solution that could be useful. I recently started to look at various DaaS solutions with O365 and there are some advantages.

Horizon Cloud-Hosted Desktops and Applications
    https://www.citrix.com/products/xenapp-xendesktop/desktops-as-a-service.html

Also - while I've never played with Amazon Workspaces - you may want to check it out.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Google. All the communication and collaboration tools ready to go. Only thing is you need to contact google to create like a corporate or business account for the email service.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I just researched both G Suite and O365 Small Business as I just activated my FL Real Estate Brokers license and wanted to set up a professional email with my domain. I ended up going with O365. I think the primary reason is that even using Gmail since it's inception for personal use, I still just haven't gotten use to the label system vs folder system. And using nothing but Exchange and Outlook professionally all these years, it's just more familiar. There were also some small details that tipped the scale to O365 with the main one being better tasks. I do think Google has the superior mobile email client however. It's still early, and I'm going to my personal Gmail and trying to play around with it to see if I may want to move to G Suite, but for now happy with O365.

If someone has some great Gmail power user sites/articles that they can provide that can show me superiority over Outlook, I'd be glad to take a look.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    I just researched both G Suite and O365 Small Business as I just activated my FL Real Estate Brokers license and wanted to set up a professional email with my domain. I ended up going with O365. I think the primary reason is that even using Gmail since it's inception for personal use, I still just haven't gotten use to the label system vs folder system. And using nothing but Exchange and Outlook professionally all these years, it's just more familiar. There were also some small details that tipped the scale to O365 with the main one being better tasks. I do think Google has the superior mobile email client however. It's still early, and I'm going to my personal Gmail and trying to play around with it to see if I may want to move to G Suite, but for now happy with O365.

If someone has some great Gmail power user sites/articles that they can provide that can show me superiority over Outlook, I'd be glad to take a look.

Go to Google Settings - Then to "Labs" tab and "Enable" preview pane, mark read-unread options, canned responses, google calendar gadget, multiple inboxes, things that will make it work just like outlook. But you are right, it does take some time to get used to it. Especially the labs vs folder thing but once you do it, you are good.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They could just get rotary phones and call each other.
  • Options
    shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like what others have said, you can't go wrong with either Google or Office 365.
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • Options
    AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Check out CloudJumper. I have a client that uses them for their remote desktop and use Office 365 in conjunction with it.