Options

Job searching while on contract

Ben1373Ben1373 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm 18 and currently in a contract position in Service Desk. All members of the service desk are contracted by the same recruitment agency. It's initially a 3 month contract, but some have been there for a year. Ive only been there a month and a half but v am actively searching permanent employment, as they could turn around to me at the 3 month mark and say we don't need you anymore. I'm currently in the process of applying for a "trainee cyber security officer", which is like the perfect opportunity for me. However, it is at a place that one of the past service desk members has recently left to go to. I'm worried that If he sees me there while I'm interviewing, he could mention this to the place I'm contracted to now, and as a result, my boss finding out I'm searching permanent employment. Do you think this kind of behavior goes on? Or am I being paranoid? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    Generally doesn't go on. That guy had to do the same thing you are doing and probably did it for similar reasons. If he does he's a jerkoff and would suck to work with anyways.
  • Options
    blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    It wouldn't hurt to reach out to him on linkedin and initiate the relationship so you could get some insight on what to expect at the interview and have a name to drop. Would really help out your chances of landing the job if it all works out.