Options

what kind of job can CCENT land me?

Jacinto1023Jacinto1023 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
I currently work as a Network Tech Support in a call center and i'm starting my CCENT studying now. i gave myself 6 months to get it done.

would the CCENT and this Tech support job be enough to land me a NOC job? i feel if i dont leave the call center i'll get stuck here.

my main goal is Network Engineer.
Bachelor of Science in IT:Security - Western Governors University

Comments

• Options
    pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi

Im in the same boat as you, I found that roles that require only a CCENT are just a formality, as in you are still expected to know CCNA Level topics but just don't have the paper cert, even then out of say a 100 or so CCNA level jobs only like 1 has just the CCENT as a perquisite.

Im sure if you know the CCNA level topics you should be able to get a job, however from what Ive learnt on this forum most companies require a CCNA on your CV just for them to take the time to interview you.

Just nail down and get the CCNA done, I started STP yesterday after a couple of days off after passing the CCENT.
    [X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
    [  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
    [  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
    [  ] CCIE R&S LAB
  • Options
    Jacinto1023Jacinto1023 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCNA is definitely something i will work towards right after CCENT. i was just hoping i can get like an Entry level NOC job and get out the call center with my CCENT as i work on my CCNA.
    Bachelor of Science in IT:Security - Western Governors University
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CCENT is definitely going to show your interest, and you are most likely to get a Junior-level position. However, CCNA is going to prove your dedication. After that, focus on experience, and then maybe start the CCNP-level studying.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College