Cisco Meraki - Free Switch for Professionals

GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
Wanted to share this in case someone might be interested.

I took the link off because it was redirecting to the wrong site. If interested just google Meraki Cisco Freeswitch. You must meet certain requirements and attend a webinar to get the switch.

Comments

• SmilymarcoSmilymarco Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice! It even works in europe :) Just registered. Thank you!
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If it's free why do i have to provide my company's email address?
    Spam Spam Spam Spam oh... i mean... advertising :D
    Of course they want to sell you something.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Is this for a free wireless AP? Because I can't find anything about a switch.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is an AP one too, yes, but try this link for the switch

https://meraki.cisco.com/webinars/signup/1267/introduction-to-cloud-managed-switches/

They are of course giving you the demo model in hopes that you will end up buying more. Hence, the requirement for the company email as they won't give too many items to employees of the same company. At least, that's the idea, I've not heard of anyone told they can't haev one because their company already had their limit.
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So it won't work with a gmail address? I would love to attend (I want to work on my Cisco stuff and a free switch wouldn't hurt) but am not real comfortable providing my company email address. I don't want them to get slammed with spam and have them come to me.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks! I signed up! coolio!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Remember the saying "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch". As others stated, this is intended for Cisco Meraki to pave their way into your company, so no, Gmail won't work. I have to admit I never got spam from them. Even if you get some promotion stuff it's not like you will get 1,000 emails a month. I was legitimately interested in their products for my company and got their AP a while back, but I immediately flipped it on eBay because the license renewal was too thick for my blood.
  • mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't know about the switch, but I know some of the AP's can be reflashed with OpenWRT.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Glad it worked for some of you. No such thing as a "free lunch" for sure.

Cisco bought Meraki in 2012 for $1.2 billion cash. A few switches are a drop in the bucket for them. :)
  • blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    Pretty cool, I'm excited to check it out. Thanks for posting this.
  • craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
    sadly I had no luck with the switch but only with the AP and I am unsure which one I am receiving. what about anyone else?
    Currently Studying: CCNP Security
    300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
    300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC