Options

Should I Just Give Up?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ryan9764Ryan9764 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nafe92014 wrote: »
    Just a FYI guys, the certifications are NOT mandatory to graduate. They are optional if a student WISHES to get certifications while in college.
    If I was you and if you can, I would of wait until I finish the school and than go for the certs.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Wow, just...wow. A lot of truth. Great video, thanks for sharing.

Eric Thomas is a beast and it all started to change for me as well after I listened to this video. It was this motivation and God's grace that allowed me to pass my first exam which was the Network +, and the rest was history.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Ryan9764Ryan9764 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Eric Thomas is a beast and it all started to change for me as well after I listened to this video. It was this motivation and God's grace that allowed me to pass my first exam which was the Network +, and the rest was history.
    Same here. I been listening to alot of motivation videos. They helped alot. I used to be lazy and fat, now I been running almost every day and lost 30 pounds in 4 months. It changed my life around. Now i working on my certs and get ready to take couple of class at this community college to enhance my english writing skills.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I follow a lot of people on various forums, LinkedIn, etc.. Even some of the people I feel are the best went through some down points. They failed an exam or two, school took longer, things weren't working out. But, whatever their motivation was (and it may be a very personal motivation or it may be some video that pushed them, I don't know), they kept on keeping on. When they did pass, that gave them a huge boost of confidence. Now, they are still tackling certs and education, but it's way more advanced. They've tackled those smaller goals and keep moving up.

Those are the people I look to for motivation. Even the people I feel are the best didn't have it easy, didn't give up, and they are very successful and doing an amazing job. They have that passion, they love what they do, and they didn't give up.
  • Options
    sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For all Eric Thomas fans:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwvC-I5OCGk
    It is the one I referred to earlier, with the link!