Options

Setting up VLANs in VMware vSphere

sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys. I have distributed vSwitch Production_DSwitch with three portgroups inside. One portgroup for Management traffic and two portgroups for VLAN 11 and VLAN 12 VM traffic.

Сould you please help to find out why there is no connectivity between virtual machines neither in 192.168.11.0/24 subnet nor in 192.168.12.0/24 subnet.
Best, sacredboy!

Comments

• Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Have you got VLANs set up/Supported on your switches and configured on your router?
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • Options
    No I haven't. If I don't need inter-VLAN routing should I have a trunk that goes to/from the phisical switch?
    I just need VMs intra-VLAN connection.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Based on your screen shot, your vds looks OK for van 12. Check the physical switch connecting you estimate hosts.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    Sorted. Just did some changes in advanced sharing settings.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    As I understand if I need some hosts to be able to connect to each other with the same VLAN without traffic getting out of that VLAN then I don't even need to specify VLAN and can leave as is (VLAN TYPE - NONE). The only thing I need is create either separate distributed switch with portgroup or just create another port group within distribtued switch. Is that correct?
    Best, sacredboy!