Failed CCENT, several questions totally off my radar

severance26severance26 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I just failed the CCENT. I got 813/1000, needed 832. Actually I thought I did quite well, and had confidence in my answers on even the larger problems, AND I finished quite fast, maybe 15 minutes left.

However, there were maybe 6 questions which I had no clue about. Before the text, the instructions warned that some questions were 'not graded' and were 'trial questions for future tests.' I could only assume these were the case while working- but obviously not.

Questions about port channels, 6to4 tunneling, HSRP, IBGP...

I primarily used the official Cisco book, simulator, and testing software. I am frustrated that these topics were not covered in the OFFICIAL materials, and I paid about $200 USD to take the test and I didn't even know I had to study for this stuff.

Any recommendations on where to pick up info on these "extras" which were conveniently left out of the book?

Comments

• Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Severance,
    We can't discuss the actual contents of the exam, but you are not alone in your frustration. Everything you mentioned is good stuff to know. You were so close! I always keep the latest exam topics from the Cisco website handy.
  • severance26severance26 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for replying.

I'm not looking for the actual contents of the exam, but as far as I can tell those items are not in the exam topics. I was hoping for some advice about other study materials which contain other things I'd need to know. I could dive straight into CCNA stuff but I'm not sure that would help me any for CCENT.