Options

advise!! best book to CCNA 200-125 ?

MannymanMannyman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi, I passed my CompTIA S+ in january 17 and after a lot of calls and applications NOBODY has a real interested in my CV in 5 months.
so.. i decided to try with CCNA. I have already the foundations in networking. studying to pass S+ i got a lot of networking knowledge.
I bought EXAMCRAM 5TH EDITION -ANTHONY SEQUEIRA.. but seems they don't have experiences with books. it has not logical course. I am NOT SAYING IS A BAD BOOK. it is a good book BUT NOT FOR ME.
I am doing a lot of labs from everywhere in THE internet.

1.is it possible that nothing is new for me in networking after passed S+?
2.is CCNA easiest than S+? I was thinking CCNA was harder.
3.Some books to help me pass the CCNA 200-125?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    zeitgeist29zeitgeist29 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mannyman wrote: »

You have one certification. There's a lot more to networking than just S+. Have you thought about getting N+? I think that would be a pretty good combo to start and get you a job in the field. CCNA Routing and Switching - Cisco

As you can see there's plenty to learn.

I'm working on my CCENT which is more material than the S+ and it seems you're taking the one test instead of two so yea, it'll be harder than the S+.

Just go to amazon and type in CCNA 200-125 and you can search and see what looks good and google some reviews.

Have you thought about doing the 100-105 then 200-105?
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    you live in Miami thats why. Expect to make $15/hr

I moved from Miami because its ranked #104 in IT for employees. Its going to be really hard down there.
    Too many recruiters who control the market and do not know anything. Just a bunch of 20year olds in suits acting smart.
    Too little IT investment down there, not enough tech companies, and most companies are just branch offices supported remotely.

I do love my cafecitos though :)

True. How can you work in networking if you cannot configure Cisco devices?
    It may help you get a support job over someone who doesn't have it though. Thats what happened when I got my S+

Much Harder. Theres hands on that you have to do over and over and over again to learn.

Todd Lammle's ICND1 and ICND2 book. Or if you like a bigger single book, get his full CCNA set. (combination of both)

Make sure you do the 2 exam method. The single exam is meant for more experienced people who already know it. It is also double the price of both single exams. no real benefit.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    thanks.. I am afraid that by doing 2 exams .. i have to 'pass' more questions.
    i.e ccna 10 questions
    icnd1 10 questions + icnd2 10 questions = 20 questions
    but you have a good point that i never realized before. 2 simplified are better than 1 harder.
    thanks
  • Options
    thanks. yes I am thinking that this could be the easiest way.
    thanks and good luck!
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck manny. I didn't want to sound harsh but you can do it if you try hard. It is also easier to be focused on each exam vs the single.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree