Options

ICND1 question - answered right but not accepting ?

trac0detrac0de Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, guys :)

I'm preparing myself for ICND1 (CCENT) certification.
I've read Odom book which I found really good.
Today I decided to do one practice exam and check my knowledge (i would like to take an exam in 10 days ... :/)
On my practice exam, i had a question and i thought I have answered it right but it highlighted as incorrect (Pearson test prep).
Would like your opinion about it ...: The question is :

Consider the Layer 2 frames that could arrive at a Layer 2 switch, and the destination MAC addresses of those frames. Which answers describe frames for which the switch would flood the frame?
A. Unicast frames whose destination MAC address is not currently in the MAC address table
B. Broadcast frames
C. Unicast frames whose destination MAC address is currently in the MAC address table
D. IPv4 frames
E. IPv6 frames

I've chosen answer A and B.
I understand that answer B is obvious. The A when the switch hasn't got the destination mac address in the mac address table I understand that switch doesn't know where to forward the frame so the switch will flood it out the interfaces in the same VLAN? am I right?
The program highlighted answer B and C. I understand that in answer C if the destination mac address is in mac address table and the destination is in the same VLAN that switch will "flood" frames through the interface. I assumed that answer C is not a flooding is just forwarding...
Can someone explain it to me please ?

Comments

• Options
    networkfuzznetworkfuzz Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wish I had the correct answer, but I'm not 100% confident and am also studying icnd1; Regardless, I would have chosen A and B as well. I would think C would forward it as well since the MAC address is already in the mac table and should have an egress port for the address.
  • Options
    PropaPropa Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From what I understand, a switch would only unicast to a known destination (a destination in the Mac address table). This would make option A incorrect. Options D and E are irrelevant.

I have not been able to justify option C outside of my process of elimination.
  • Options
    A and B are correct.
    I've spoken to technical support and they confirmed with question author that I am right :)
    Anyway passed ccent this morning :)
  • Options
    PropaPropa Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thank you :) few days break and icnd2 here I come :)
  • Options
    networkfuzznetworkfuzz Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats trac0de!
  • Options
    Congrats trac0de!

Thank you.