Question regarding certification prep from multiple sources

thrshr2004thrshr2004 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
How does everyone study for a certification from multiple sources? For instance, CCNP Switch exam. I've got the OCG from Cisco, Chris Bryant Switch book, Chris Bryant CBT course, and INE CCNP course all pertaining the the CCNP Switch exam.

Does it make more since to read 1 book from beginning to end, then move onto the next book or resource? Or would it be a better idea to use all resources at once while covering a certain topic?

Thoughts?

Comments

• tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I usually study by domain, so I learn all I can about one topic from several sources before moving on. Download the exam objectives to ensure that you are learning everything required for the exam.
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I believe it's a matter of personal preference. I like reading one book from beginning to end before starting another book. Anything else seems too disorganized/incomplete for me. I like to be able to mentally visualize the whole book so that I can "look through it" mentally when I need information, and if I take "breaks" by jumping from one book to another, it becomes too sketchy in my mind.

Also, is another issue I have about finishing things. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to have "finished" a book. I can go back and reread book 1 after I've finished book 2 though. That doesn't disturb anything visually/mentally for me.