Passed CISSP 5/22

leothebestleothebest Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Long time lurker here:

I first would like to thank this community for the part it has played in all certification achievements. I have been studying for the CISSP passively for 10 months and the last 2 months I decided to drill down and get prepared to take the exam. I spent 5.5 hours non stop sitting for the exam just triple checking my answers before I hit submit. I will say that the way this exam is worded the beginning of the exam was rough and I had to rethink back to the advice from Kelly on the best method to tackle this test. I wil say that this exam play alot of experience and determining the right answer out of many comparably correct options. Also all the resources I listed are available on Safari Books online, so all DoD has free access to the books listed. My cert criteria is pass the first time and spend no money, I am happy to say I am currently 3-0.

Below are my training resources:

Sybex 7th edition 8/10 - Not wordy but can get boring at times. Read this twice once passively (page a day) then again actively (Chapter a day). This book is a great way to get the baseline concepts you will need. But it still some information you will need to know

Sybex Offical Pratice Test 8/10 - Very good testing resource. Pretty close to the test. I took the 100 questions quiz for each domain and ensured I scored atleast an 80% before I sat for the exam. Get online access if you have Safari books

Kelly Cybrary.it 9/10 - She will give you the right mindset to stay focused and understand what the exam is asking of you. I listened to this everday on the ride to and from work. I will forever have her voice and that Cybrary intro and outro stuck in my head

11th hour 3rd ed 7/10 - pretty good a few days before you take the exam to refresh, I could have skipped it.

Comments

• shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, thanks for the review. Currently studying for it, hope to take the exam next month. I am using a lot of the same material that you did, it's reassuring icon_sunny.gif
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • TechnologistTechnologist Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. This gives me confidence, I am using the exact same materials :)
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • pinksjpinksj Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Exact same resources I used for the test. I didn't read much of the Sybex book though. Glad to see it worked out for you as well, congrats!
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm taking it Friday. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Deadly-DosageDeadly-Dosage Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kyrak wrote: »
    Good luck! You got this!
  • Deadly-DosageDeadly-Dosage Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to knock it out of the park LeoTheBest! Nice plan I think that's a good way approach it and you're proof!
  • CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kyrak wrote: »

I see you've already passed the PMP which is helpful in understanding the process of elimination and lengthiness of the CISSP exam...it was definitely helpful for me. Good luck!!!