Options

Worksite Issue

Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
Good Morning,

Does anyone have experience with Worksite?

I have a user who is trying to open a document in Worksite (Tiff File) but she is presented with the error message below:

Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either photo Viewer dosen't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo viewer.

I believe that this document is about 150 pages long but needs to be opened in PDF format.

Can anyone help with this issue? icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    Either it's a .pdf file or it's a .tif file, it can't be both.

Edit to add... Maybe the file has an incorrect extension. If it is indeed a .pdf file, but for whatever reason, it has a .tif extension, the Windows OS will be trying to open it as a .tif, but it fails because it's not a .tif file. A simple renaming of the file with the correct extension (namely, .pdf) would solve the issue, if indeed that is the issue.

The only reason that I can think of for the file to have the incorrect extension is that if it's a scanned document, the output from the scanner could have been set to PDF, but the file was saved as a TIF. All the scanning software that I have ever used has options for a variety of output formats, including, but not limited to, PDF, TIF, JPG, PNG...
    No longer an active member