Options

Failed

StillStreamStillStream Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Feeling very bummed out. Had 77 questions. 10 were simulation based. Lots of acronyms. You will really use up all the time. I'm so embarrassed, failing the CASP & CISSP within a year's time.

Comments

• Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't be embarrassed. We all fail sometimes. I would rather fail an exam than have a successful day at a job i don't like.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Think of it as another chance to really master the material. When you pass, it won't say 'retake' on your certificate. Keep your chin up, you can do it. Hit the books and knock it out of the park.

Edited to add: I've failed plenty of exams too.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Aww, I know that feeling! Gotta get back on that horse! You will prevail!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Definitely nothing to be embarassed about, those are not easy tests. Get back up and try again!
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well those definitely aren't the easiest tests. No shame in trying something and failing at it. Happens to us all. Just gotta keep at it. If anything I think most will agree it looks ever better when someone fails a test, keeps at it, and then passes it. It shows character and drive when someone gets kicked down, picks themselves up, and keeps striving to achieve their goal. Best of luck on your next attempt!

Have definitely failed a few exams in my day.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The good thing about taking the test and failing is it tells you what your weaknesses are. Note down everything you didn't know well right after the test (or right now before you forget more stuff) and start learning it!
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Don't worry. You'll get it. And hey... it could be worse. You could have failed 3 or 4 or 5 exams this year. It's just 2. Just keep at it, and you'll get there. Nothing to be embarrassed for having tried.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Battle scars make you tougher.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    stickerbush1970stickerbush1970 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    StillStream, do you happen to remember any of the sims? If you could post a quick note about them, it would greatly help the rest of us out.