Options

Help desk interview questions

NC4564NC4564 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys,

So I got my first interview after completing my associates in CIS and its for a help desk job for an insurance company called CIGNA, I was wondering if anyone has any idea of the type of questions they may ask me as far as my technical skills so that I can prep and study as much as possible. Also if there are any useful links or videos that would be helpful I would really appreciate it. Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cigna is a well know company, one of the big ones. Don't stress the tech questions, they will be interested more on your personality and ability to learn.
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Look the tell me about yourself question. This question always gets me.

As far as Questions, I would go with the following from this site.

Preparing for the Job Interview
    http://mikenation.net/files/Preparing_for_the_Job_Interview.pdf

Write down examples that clearly explain and support everything you’ve
    written on your resume, it’s easier for people to understand and relate to
    examples. Describe your employer(s) business, where your area fits into
    the company, what area and who you report to, what your area does,
    specifically what you do now and what you’ve done in the past.

Write down what you believe are your best relevant technical and personal
    skills. Write down examples that you can use to support and prove these
    examples.

Write down the accomplishments that you are most proud of in the
    positions you have held, and be ready to explain in detail how you
    achieved these accomplishments.

More tips:

"good interview answers”. *
    Answers that are direct and actually answer the questions that were asked.
    Using “articulate brevity” - don’t take more words or time than necessary to effectively respond to questions. 1-2 minutes most times.

Responses that seem genuine and truly reflect the candidate’s consideration of the question rather than a “stock” answer that sounds rehearsed.
    Answers that are consistent and reinforce or advance a positive image of the candidate.

Devising your Plan
    Create (and communicate) your message.* An interview is like any other conversation between people.* As the focal point of this particular conversation, you want to*engage*everyone else.* The best way to do this is to convey a message, preferably in the form of a story.* This is actually easier than it sounds.* Hiring managers aren’t as interested in hearing about experience and certifications as they are in hearing stories about how candidates solved a problem, overcame an obstacle, or met a goal at their previous employer.* Stories like these will convey a positive message about yourself and will be more memorable than a list of your skills, no matter how impressive those might be.

“Market” your potential for growth.* A lot of candidates talk about what they’ve already done.* While this is certainly important (since past performance is a key indicator of future performance), they don’t talk nearly enough about what they*can*do or what they’re capable of.* No matter who company officials ultimately hire, they want that person to continue to grow and evolve past the original job description.* It’s your job to make sure they know that you intend to keep growing and they can benefit from that growth.

Prepare to NOT be rattled.* What does this mean?* Some interviewers make it a point to try to “rattle” the people they interview—knock them out of their comfort zone and see how they react.* First, expect the unexpected.* Second, scour your resume, your level of experience, your expertise, and your overall candidacy, looking for perceived holes or weaknesses.* Look at it as if YOU were the hiring manager.* What questions would you ask if you were on the other side of the table?* Prepare as thoroughly as you can to answer these questions.* You can also ask people you trust to look for weaknesses, as well, and to also formulate some tough questions.

Good Luck!!
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    NC4564NC4564 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank for the posts guys. The job staffer said they will do an hour interview, half about myself and my personality and the other half will be a help desk call simulation where I can use the internet and google if needed to help with someones support issue.
  • Options
    Captain_DeadpoolCaptain_Deadpool Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Make sure you do research of CIGNA. I cannot tell you how many times i've been asked, "tell us what you know about our company and why you will fit well here".

Outside of that, ensure you are enthusiastic and wanting to learn and grow with company.

Good luck!