PMP Leading and Directing Projects and Hours

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I'm looking into Project Management to help me with work. Since I'm the only IT guy with help from outside vendors, I figure it would be a great way to improve how work is done.

As far as the PMP, I saw the requirement for the 4500 hours. I'm trying to get a better view as to if the stuff I do at work for projects will count towards the hours.

So for example, I'm working on a project to upgrade our network infrastructure by replacing the wifi PoE adapters with PoE+ switches. So I've been doing research for a few hours to make sure the upgrade would work and also finding the right equipment so far.
Would the installation of needed software on multiple computers also be considered a project? :/

Also what would be a great way to document the hours?

I'm currently working on the CAPM at the moment but I'm interested in getting the PMP.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments