Options

WGU-Sofware Development

MorbidBitMorbidBit Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been working as Web Developer for the last 7 years with an A.A.S in Software development. I'm thinking about getting a B.S in SD at WGU and probably a M.S after. However, I found the certs offered by the program no so attractive to me. I already have A+/Network+ and CIWs seems like basic front end which I don't know if it's worthy. I would like to read opinions from people who have gone down this path about what this program has to offer in term of software development other than those certifications.

I was looking also the program of Cybersecurity and Information assurance and it looks pretty interesting. I know they are different paths and I'm not pretending switch careers. However, adding some network/security background to my development career should not hurt and still could open more possibilities. I would like to read comments from cybersecurity people as well.

Thanks in advanced.
icon_study.gif
MorbidBit

Comments

• Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Since you are already doing professional programming, adding a degree/certs in cybersecurity is not a bad combo to have. You do know about OWASP Top 10, right? <smile>
  • Options
    adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    Don't waste your money on WGU. Pursue the certifications you want or ones that'll further your career.

Find your passion and follow it. Don't just blindly follow WGU's path if it's not what you want.