Options

Confused about scheduling a test

rbowmanrbowman Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am about to schedule my test with Pearson VUE and it wants me to pay 112 bucks. I have already paid for my voucher but do you mean that I also have to pay to use the damn testing center as well?...what a rip!

You can obviously tell that this is my first cert :)

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. I also didnt have the right cert selected but went back and changed it.

Delete post if you feel nessassary :) Dont want to spam.

Comments

• Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    no no no - there should be a box where you input your voucher number and it will give you a new total of $0.00
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    rbowman wrote:
    Delete post if you feel nessassary :)
    No no no..... :D

First certification exams are always "fun"

Its fun trying to figure out which testing company to use. Its fun trying to figure out where the testing centers are. Its fun trying to figure out how to register.

With the vouchers -- its fun trying to figure out where and how to use it (the first time -- as you found out).

For some vendor tests you need some "vendor ID" -- which could slow down your registration.

As for actually taking your first exam -- if you haven't already visited your selected test center, there is the fun of finding it on test day. My closest test center has moved, lost their internet connection, vanished off the Prometric site as a test center, and called and asked me to reschedule tests because they decided to close on my test day.....

Then there is the fun of road construction on test day..... and traffic jams... and sometimes even finding parking...

Then there is the boring stuff like pre-test and during test jitters..... oh, and my personal favorite -- the fear of showing up for an exam and finding out I've studied for the wrong exam (which I haven't done) or scheduled the wrong exam (which I haven't done).

And after all this -- you get to finally take the exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!