serial to usb driver

Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone heard of this make zaapa?

i got my hands on some switches but the serial to usb adaptor needs a driver. i have spent last 1.5 hrs looking and trying a couple generic ones but none work. (driver installs has exclamation mark next to it )

any help or anyone have similar driver? or will i just buy a new adaptor

Comments

• ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    https://serialio.com/drivers-and-set-up-usb-rs-232-adapter-in-windows

This has always worked for the standard console cables, had someone in a remote state by a standard light blue console cable and install this driver (I believe its the same driver) and was able to Putty into a firewall.

Got to talk him through the phone on configuring an interface, it was a fun start to my day :)

I have a $40+ converter, as Windows 10 upgrade began to cause my lab laptop to reboot if too much CLI output flooded out at once, so if this is happening you'll need a fancy pants one like mine which they'll send you a special driver for I'm sure.
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Andre thats the one i was trying on my win10 PC and just tried it on my win7 laptop and works a treat just accessing my first ever switch now :D haha

i have to wipe all passwords and reset them all so that will be my day which im looking forward to doing

i might have to get one of them fancy ones if i want to use my win10 pc but for now this win7 laptop is what i'll be using

thanks for ur reply