Options

Any good VPN books out there?

binhminh99992binhminh99992 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering if there are any good VPN books out there. I checked Amazon but some of them seem to be out dated or way over priced. Trying to find something in the middle...

Thanks
Qmat

Comments

• Options
    adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    What type of VPN book are you looking for?

Personally, I think you should just download one and play around with it. I think you'd learn a lot more that way.
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I have the older version of the book "Accidental Administrator" series for Cisco ASA's, and a new one was released that appears to go into more depth and topics on ASA security which is awesome (still need to order it).

It gives you the Cisco configurations, but once you really learn your phases and how to configure and identify them, working with vendors to build site-to-site or client VPN's on any firewall.

It's about the most concise you can get for straight forward examples for VPN and actually a very good NAT resource as well, I still keep the old version on hand if its been awhile and I need an on the fly example for configuration.
  • Options
    KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    You can use Cisco documentation for free. The link I posted below has documentation links to all VPNs Cisco wants you to know. It is aimed to prepare for CCIE but is still usefull for CCNA and CCNP.
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccie_security/lab_exam/study-material
  • Options
    heartgoldheartgold Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    +1 for a good book recommendation! I'm just getting started into the world of VPNs.