Options

CISSP Study Materials

packetphilterpacketphilter Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
Would this book: https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Information-Security-Professional-Official/dp/1119042712/

and the Boson practice exams be enough to prep for CISSP? I see people often list 5-10 study aids or more, but then say it was overkill after they take the exam.

Comments

• Options
    jercxjercx Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    one thing is for sure, one would be better off with a mindset that "one will never be ready enough for an exam and keep on studying, than be overconfident about one's skills and underestimate the exam".

one gauge is when you get 80%+ on the practice exams, but on one hand, it's technically easy to achieve this by repeating the same exam.

it's difficult to answer your question specifically because we are all different, we learn different, our work experiences are different and we will be presented with different questions on the exam. so it's best if you 'overkill' on the exam ;)
  • Options
    CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That book is good resource because it comes with an online testing engine with 1000+ exam practice questions, 500+ end of chapter questions, and flash cards. I do agree with jercx because everyone learns differently. My suggestion would be to use the various practice question resources as a method to better understand why an answer is correct versus just memorizing answers. It will help you breakdown and eliminate incorrect answers on the exam. Good luck!