Options

Just finished CASP. Starting on CISSP.

JayVeeJayVee Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
First off, I wanted to say hi! I hope to participate in the CISSP discussion as I start my journey to get the CISSP.

Well, I just knocked out CASP and feel pretty good. So now I start my journey to get the CISSP. I've heard that there's a lot of overlap between the two and some have said that CASP was a more difficult test so I feel pretty confident that I can knock out the CISSP by September with a good amount of studying.

I'll keep you all updated on my progress :)

Comments

• Options
    kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There is "some" overlap. What are you using to study?

I will be taking my CISSP within the next 3 weeks. I am using Sybex: CISSP Study Guide, Seventh Edition - ISC2 (2015). I have read it three times and have started to practice of cccure.org. Before people start screaming: I have a solid IA background with 10+ years of experience. In the past I read 11th hour 2nd addition several times just to past time at work prior to having a desire to actually to take the test this year.

With that being said, read SLOWLY and do all of the chapter test for whatever book that you choose for foundation material. I use the hand written note method for imprint researched information information or when I am having issues remembering the material. Do NOT scribble! SLOWLY write clear and concise notes in cursive. This method really helps for remembering tables like: which protocols run on which OSI level, Orange Book levels and sublevels, and so forth.

Oh yeah, always know why the wrong answers are wrong!!!
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Options
    JayVeeJayVee Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the advice! I'll be sure to take my time the material. I find that using he "write down" method works well with me as well, where I either hand write or type into Word to really drive home the points that I really need to remember.

I wish you the best!