Options

does 290 exam require dsmod/dsquery/dsget etc knowledge

norman1nznorman1nz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been working on the MeasureUp practice exams that came with MS290 Training Kit Book.
Theres a lot of questions on the various commands line tools ie dsadd/mod/query/rm/move/addmbr etc. I have spent a fair bit of time studying these -mainly from http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/552ed70a-208d-48c4-8da8-2e27b530eac71033.mspx but am still getting a lot of these measureup questions wrong...

Do we need to have an indepth knowledge of these commandline tools for the exam?

BTW I know in real life most people would look the syntax up before creating a batch file to modify AD -but does MS expect us to know these by heart icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    norman1nz wrote:
    BTW I know in real life most people would look the syntax up before creating a batch file to modify AD -but does MS expect us to know these by heart icon_rolleyes.gif

Yep, you need to know em. You might get one question on it, you might get no questions on it, or you might get 5. You never know, so go ahead and learn them.

Taken right from the objectives page on MS website......

Create and manage user accounts.
    Create and modify user accounts by using the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in.

Create and modify user accounts by using automation. (read ds commands icon_wink.gif )

Import user accounts. (read ldifde and csvde)