Options

Network exam in 2 days

fran0213fran0213 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, I have a quick question. I have my network + exam in 2 days and have been getting 90% on the transcender exams. I have almost no experience doing this type of thing in my day job. I recently purchased the pearson vue simulator and have been panicking as of yesterday. In terms of the simulations e.g. managing a switch using PuTTY or Telnet. Do I need to know how to do this type of thing off the top of my head? There are so many simulation exercises and I don't feel I have enough time to learn to do them all without instructions. Would appreciate anyones help!

Comments

• Options
    boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Basically, if you are not ready for the test at this point look at it as a practice exam and better prepare next time. I found the transcenders to be nothing like the test.

Putty is an SSH client that securely allows you to login into the switch via terminal on port 22. Telnet is an unsecured terminal client that is not recommended for use on open networks using port 23.

The simulations are easy if you have the knowledge down.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • Options
    I understand what telnet is, I just don't have experience configuring them from a cmd line. I presume that in the exam they just give you an objective and you have to go from there and know the commands?
  • Options
    no that would require Cisco knowledge this is vendor neutral
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • Options
    Okay thank you. Can you give me some insight into how the simulations are laid out then please? I've been revising 4-6 hours per night for 2 months, I feel confident with all of the material. The only thing I've been stuck on was the pearson vue simulator in terms of worrying that I don't know the command lines for PuTTY / Telnet etc.
  • Options
    don't worry there is only 2-3 of them on the test and they are easy, if you understand the material the hardest part of the test is understanding how CompTIA asks the questions and how to answer them
  • Options
    Okay I won't change the date of my exam then! Thank you!
  • Options
    ZzLuLzZzLuLz Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey man, The worst thing you can do is be nervous during the exam. When I took my NET+ I was very nervous causing me to run out of time. Be prepared to answer long questions that may have more than one correct answer. As of simulations, I only had two on my exam, they wanted me to build a network with given images.
  • Options
    khaledit2015khaledit2015 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi N+ not easy nowadays try your best if not there is next time don't worry .
  • Options
    ok no problem give it try don't worry
  • Options
    Thanks for all of your help! I passed :)
  • Options
    byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well check you out. Congrats!!
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • Options
    A+ QuizzicalA+ Quizzical Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bud!!
  • Options
    ThePuterGeekThePuterGeek Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
  • Options
    BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    fran0213 wrote: »
    Thanks for all of your help! I passed :)

Congratulations. Aside from the Transcender Exams, what other prep resources did you use?