Options

Upgrading to IOS 12.4 or 12.4T on 2651xm / 2650xm routers and 2950 switch from 12.2

mfnlmfnl Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

does any know of a very noobish guide for this?

i tried to download the ios image on cisco website but cant seem to find the ios image relelvant to 2600 series.

im studying on itpro tv and can follow along with the current ios version i have on the routers (12.2) ---> havent checked switches yet but imagine they will need upgrade also...

so as much i will follow along ... i know it is recommended to have at least 12.4 or 12
4T....

im aware that this may seem trivial to experienced cisco users so please humour me.

Comments

• Options
    NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    All questions are welcome here so please do not hesitate to ask.

Everyone has to start somewhere.
  • Options
    ErindErind Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

First of all you need to have an active license for the hardware to get the newest firmware from their website.The flashing part in itself is easy, just set up a tftp server software on your pc and put the bin file in the share. Then you can flash the firmware directly from there (copy tfpt commmand) as the 2950 doesnt have enough flash space to keep 2 images on local memory. anyhow have a read here for the step by step guide.
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    first your going to need to find an ios. Then, you will need to have enough memory to run that ios.

I usually put 128mb ram/32mb flash into a 2600xm. Then, I run the lastest 12.4 ios with the adventerprise feature set. To do the same thing with the 12.4T ios requires 48mb flash.

if you get a smaller ios/feature set, you could get by with less memory.