Options

Conrad CISSP Study Guide vs. Conrad 11th Hour CiSSP Study Guide (both 3rd editions)

miss-sdmiss-sd Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey there --

Is there an advantage to getting the Conrad CiSSP study guide (Gray book 600ish pages) over the 11th Hour CISSP study guide (Blue book 200ish pages). I have the SYBEX 7th Edition Study guide which i'm plowing through as well as the SYBEX test book.

I don't mind "more" -- ie if it helpful to get the bigger edition because it covers things the SYBEX doesn't as well I'll plow through this too. Or since i have the SYBEX already is the 11th hour enough?

Is it worthwhile to get both? ---

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, i did check but didn't see it.

Thanks much for any advice from those who have either or both ----

Miss SD

Comments

• Options
    forestgumpforestgump Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As I think Eric Conrad CiSSP study guide book is good for sit down and study where the 11th hour book is more suitable to go through once you have registered for the exam and need to quickly go through all the theory sections in a short time.
  • Options
    jercxjercx Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i believe multiple sources for the CISSP exam is beneficial as each has their own way of learning. so if you have one main source of information (sybex) then getting the conrad (~600 pages) is a good choice. but if you already have 2 or more main sources (ie. AIO, Sybex, Conrad, etc) then it wouldn't help that much.

i wouldn't consider the 11th hour as a primary source but rather a condensed refresher book, it's targeted towards those with a good grasp of the main concepts already. it has it's place in one's arsenal as the book for the last week before the exams, it's light enough for skimming through and as a refresher.

best of luck!
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    600 > 200

but I still would recommend using more than one resource for your studies.
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm in the multiple sources camp as well. I had both Conrad books, the Harris book, notes, videos, etc... The 11th hour book is good for a wrap up a week before the exam.
  • Options
    CryptoQueCryptoQue Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You're on the right path with the Sybex material. The 11th hour is definitely beneficial for your last week of studying. I only used those 2 resources when preparing for the exam. However, everyone study and retains information differently. If you have the time to study additional material, it can't hurt you by reading the 600 pg Eric Conrad book. Have you started using the Sybex online testing engine? miss-sd