SEC504 Videos and MP3s

SecurityNoobSecurityNoob Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently attended a SEC504/GCIH course. I'm selling all of the course videos and MP3s for $200 if anyone would like to buy. Just comment here if you're interested.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,927 Mod
    User name checks out. As a noob, make sure you read the licensing agreement for the material. You are strictly prohibited from transferring all of that without SANS' express written permission.
  • SecurityNoobSecurityNoob Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If anyone is interested, you can email me at xneosonx@gmail
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ^^ yup. Maybe someone would like to show this thread to someone from SANS. Then you lose your certification, don't pass GO, and don't collect your $200.00. Gotta love the Monopoly reference. icon_thumright.gif
  • p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    *Not sure if post is honeypot bait trap or if user is really that dumb.* Would it be unethical if I bought those resources and turned the user in based on the book's identification and then requested to SANS to let me keep them? ;P
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
    Finder's fee. Nice!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,021 Admin
    Maybe this is a honeypot posted by GIAC to catch buyers? icon_scratch.gif
  • SecurityNoobSecurityNoob Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow...didn't know there were so many moral high-horse riders here...sorry.
    That is how I honor the "E" in my C|EH. If you stay around and get to know me you will see I treat this cert very seriously.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,021 Admin
    It's about ethics (lawful/unlawful) and not about morality (good/evil).

And for all of our ethical TE members, GIAC is already aware of this situation.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    It's about ethics (lawful/unlawful) and not about morality (good/evil).

And for all of our ethical TE members, GIAC is already aware of this situation.

Wow....If only you knew...Thanks
  • SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□

Then you should have done your research. Its pretty clear to anyone who looks at previous attempts to do similar things, the fact that you don't see threads about people buying materials, no test ****, something should clue you in...
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well if you don't have any GIAC certifications, I guess it's a quick way to make a buck, SANS course materials are certainly in demand, considering the price of the official source. It's not like SANS can do anything to them. Usually people that resell course materials are the same "students" that don't pay attention in class or even show up to classes.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you ever need to quote the Courseware License Agreement:

https://www.sans.org/media/security-training/conpolicy.php
    User may not copy, reproduce, distribute, display, modify or create derivative works based upon all or any portion of the courseware in any medium whether printed, electronic or otherwise, without the express written consent of the SANS Institute. Without limiting the foregoing, user may not reproduce, distribute, re-publish, display, modify, or create derivative works based upon all or any portion of the courseware for purposes of teaching any computer or electronic security courses to any third party without the express written consent of the SANS Institute.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/