Entry Level

johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
What are some good job titles to look for for entry level employment? I know circuit city, best buy and comp USA are all good. But where else can people get started?
BS - Computer Science
MS - Computer Information Systems

Comments

• int80hint80h Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You might want to start looking at IT temp agencys to gain some experience. My first job out of college was a 6 month contract writting front ends to Oracle databases. Prior to this I had absolutly 0 experience. After that short 6 months of experience I've never had to search for a job, employers always come to me first.
  • fredgt18fredgt18 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    IT temp agency? That sounds interesting, can you suggest me some of the IT temp Agency? Preferably, some where in California.

Thanks for the help
  • 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    Manpower is big on the East Coast don't know if they exist out West. Usually if you get on Monster, Dice, or CareerBuilders you will see that a certain company has a lot of contract IT jobs available. Usually this agency deals more specifically in IT jobs, and could help you get placed somewhere. Good luck!
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    Since this posting I've graduated college and sent out my resume. I got 6 job interviews offered to me ina three day span. I've even got one offer and 3 second interviews. All this only 3 weeks out of college. So, getting started in IT is not nearly as impossible as I was thinking it was going to be.

The trend I'm starting to notice is that if you want to get started in IT, you have to take some kind of crap. What I mean by this is you have to either be able to work a ton of over time, drive all over the place, work third shift, etc. If you're willing to put up with crap, it's not impossible to get a job in IT. I'm just hoping the crap will only last the first few years. But who knows. :D
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems