Options

Failing CISSP-ISSMP exam 24th-June-17

asadzzasadzz Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just appeared for ISSMP exam and failed with 564 marks out of 700 passing marks.

I'm very disappointed because of time, money and other resources that went on preparing for the exam. But the thing that strike me most is how un-equipped the official ISC2 book for ISSMP exam is. It didn't helped me single bit to pass the exams.

The questions in exams were really "one inch deep" where the books is really puzzling and crisscross many unrelated / different concepts in a single thought which is hard to catch.

Even, the "legal sections" contains information which in my opinion is way to comprehensive then the requirement of the exam. For e.g the fundamentals of criminal law known as the actus reus (the guilty act) and the mens re is just out of context for the exam.

Also, the exam mentioned latest technologies from cloud computing and mobile device management , the ISC(2) is very out dated in that sense.

Please suggest me a book which will increase the chances of passing the exam. The CIB is also too vague for giving proper focus.

Comments

• Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't think there are any. You can try CISM prep materials though. Concentrations are known to have little to no resources.
  • Options
    the1picardthe1picard Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd 2nd this suggestion. I think the the CISM is more in demand than the ISSMP, better testing materials, and the exam may be easier.
  • Options
    djcarterdjcarter Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I went back and forth on doing the ISSMP or the CISM, and ultimately went with the CISM because it is far better known and in demand. I couldn't find listings anywhere that even recognized the ISSMP for jobs, but the CISM is all over the place.
  • Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    I took both the CISM and the ISSMP within 2 weeks of each other.

I used the ISACA QAE database and the ISC2 ISSMP book to study.

Basically, I used the ISACA QAE database to quiz myself, and would reference the ISC2 ISSMP book when I needed to look up topics. I was scoring about 80% on the QAE tests when I sat for both exams.

Between these two resources, I passed both of the exams in 1/2 the allotted time.