GPEN Attempt Soon

supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I was going through the modules for the eCPPT and I found out I was selected to facilitate the GPEN. So I placed the eCPPT on hold and started the path for the GPEN. What a great course! Not as in depth as the eCPPT but I believe the audience is different for it. Any case, I am prepping my index for it and I wanted to say, that you really get to learn the material thoroughly when you do the index. I can see why SANS has made it this way. At the end of the day, even as the best pentester, you will research something and have some reference material to go by. You will never be working off the dome at any given time. I mean, Ed Skoudis said something that I really liked. You have to do this stuff a lot to build a playbook before you even feel comfortable with it. You will hit a wall even on something simple just bc you follow a rabbit hole that was not even where you needed to be. The price is high for these courses, but they provide a lot of good material.
Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
Current Goal: CCSE
Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck on the GPEN!! Let me know how the exam is compared to the practice exams and also how it goes with using the index vs memory for the exam.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework