Options

WiFi Issues

Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
[FONT=&quot]Good Afternoon All,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am wondering if you can help. I have my Internet running through POE running from my house into my chalet in the garden. I bought a NETGEAR EX2700-100UKS Mini 300Mbps WIFi Range Extender but when i log onto my PC in the chalet and browse the internet after around 10-15 minutes I lose connection, which then I turn the adapter off by the mains then switch i back on and it returns to normal. Then again 10-15 mins later the same thing happens.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I assume you mean you're running your network via your ring main power outlet, rather than Power over Ethernet? If that's the case, have you tried running the software that usually comes with the homeplugs to see what the signal is like from one to the other? It might be that your ring main is just too long a distance for that signal.

The other option is to plug the laptop via a cable into the homeplug if it has a RJ45 port to see if it might be the wireless having the trouble.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I assume you have made sure the signal is not the cause of your issue via the laptop/device.

Whenever you lose connection open command prompt and do an IPCONFIG.

Do you have an IP Address?

You can attempt to reset your network adapter, if using a Windows computer in command prompt- netsh winsock reset. Restart the computer. Google how to reset network adapter for other devices/OS's.

Run a ping -t through command prompt to your default gateway. This is the usually some variation of 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 if you have not modified the routers default settings. This device will likely have its own IP address and if you use traceroute you could see the hop along the way.

Do you have any other devices running 2.4Ghz in the immediate area that could be causing interference?

Have you used the WiFi analytics app to test cover as Netgear recommends?

Do you have the AP's named separately?

Have you set up the device as per the instructions?