Options

Failed My First Attempt 06132017

ReonBalistyReonBalisty Member Posts: 54 ■□□□□□□□□□
1. I am new to the forums, but am an avid stalker.

2. I spent a total of 50+ hours of cramming for this Certification with Mike Meyers videos through Lynda, and of course the material presented in uCertify. This, of course, does not include the time spent on the uCertify web application through Western Gov University.

3. I went into my Net+ ready and confident and I failed with a 672. Now I am having issue getting a score higher than 72% on the exam through Testout

4. My course mentor within WGU had me work through all the 92 simulations through TestOut. And I am still failing the practice test with an average of 72%. I have been keeping .pdf files of the failed attempts which include answers.

Is there anything I can do besides watching Messer drone on and on about the same things Meyers covered?

Comments

• Options
    boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Learn how to answer CompTIA questions. I know the material in and out but the questions are worded very oddly.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • Options
    I gathered that much from asking my Course mentors through WGU. It was a very odd experience because the uCertify web app did not even have remotely close to the same style of questioning as the Net+. Albeit I did pass the A+ 901/902 with uCertify on the first try and the questions were not nearly as catawampus as what the Net+ is.
  • Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Via your failed attempts, the score print-out should have given you percentages of the objectives that you were tested on and how you fared. That'd be my road-map to review over those subjects and I'd hit those hard and a day or two before the next attempt I'd skim over all the other material you were all ready strong in, just as a refresher.

Good luck, you got this.
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    I will be studying the failed practice exams today to see where that gap in knowledge is.

When I did take the Net+ I did run into an odd simulation regarding network setup, but I see where I flubbed now on it. Which could have been the points needed to pass.

After I pass this next attempt (WGU wants me to have it done before 8/30), I am aiming for Sec+.
  • Options
    Thoth_DhwtyThoth_Dhwty Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Darril Gibson has a test bank with closely worded questions as you might see them on the exam. Give it a try.

Phone app costs about 12 together in a bundle with Sec+ as well.