Options

CISA Exam Prep

Abdul-RasaqAbdul-Rasaq Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am seriously consider taking the CISA exam and I don't know where to start from for studying for the exam. I have a BSc in IS, but don't have any work experience at at all and i graduated in 2011.

I was wonder if any of you guys can recommend review materials and pointers for studying and passing the exam.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    https://www.isaca.org/bookstore/Pages/CISA-Exam-Resources.aspx

Certified Information Systems Auditor - IT Certification - CISA | ISACA

You might want to start working on getting experience first. Have you looked at other certifications that dont' require experience for full certification?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Thanks for your pointers. I am currently working as an internal auditor and I have a CPA. I am just trying to take my career to the next level.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Oh my bad.
    Have you taken a look at the job practice areas to make sure that you're performing certain tasks?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Yea. I am just getting my feet wet in some IT audit work, cos i would need the experience for the certification.
  • Options
    1Sep19691Sep1969 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You don't need work experience to pass the exam. So don't worry about it. Some people don't study and pass the exam based on work experience. I'm a graduate with no experience in auditing and passed the exam. All you really need is to study and know well the concepts from the official manual. Practice the database questions until you understand the ISACA logic and thinking. That's all it takes.
  • Options
    1Sep1969 wrote: »
    You don't need work experience to pass the exam. So don't worry about it. Some people don't study and pass the exam based on work experience. I'm a graduate with no experience in auditing and passed the exam. All you really need is to study and know well the concepts from the official manual. Practice the database questions until you understand the ISACA logic and thinking. That's all it takes.

Thanks I appreciate the insight.