Options

Manager told me I am only allowed to work on Capital Expenditure Projects

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
Operational Expenditure projects they want to keep me away from.

Just curious if you had run into this before? Is this mere accounting and they want to keep me working out of one bucket and not the other?

Just curious on your take. This is a first for me.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Yeah it's an accounting/tax thing. I've worked for companies that track time on one vs the other, but never been told specifically to only work on one type or the other.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Yeah it's an accounting/tax thing. I've worked for companies that track time on one vs the other, but never been told specifically to only work on one type or the other.

We all work out of a software development work flow tool. I suppose when they report up through management they can show utilization and who is paying for that.

Thanks for the follow up.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    We all work out of a software development work flow tool. I suppose when they report up through management they can show utilization and who is paying for that.

Thanks for the follow up.

I'd interpret that as a compliment. In the industries I've been in capital projects have been given to folks that could be trusted to get a huge long term investment right. They were almost seen as a reward or recognition for outstanding performance.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up.

Academically I know the difference between OPEX and CAPEX, but in the realm of work and being singled out like that I wasn't sure how to take it. Chalk it up as inexperience.

Compliment taken!

Thanks for chiming in!
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Means you are a heavy hitter in their eyes brother! You get the premium projects.
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke