Options

1 Term Club - WGU

kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
I havent been on here in a while and hope you all are doing well.
Wanted to chime in my success at WGU. I have successfully achieved my Bachelors in IT Security in 5 months at WGU.
I was lucky and my AAS and CCDP / CCNP ate up a lot of courses (65CU) and I did the rest doing 28 hour weeks. I got up at 5:30am every day and studied 5:30am - 630am. Then 1 hour over lunch. Followed with 2 hours at night. By the end of it I had absolutely no motivation left in me but I kept moving forward and typed papers until I passed out on the couch or table.

It was a hard journey but it was well worth it. Now.. now it is time to find a new job since my current work was all false promises. Probably going to hit Linux and Python hard as well for automation.

I dont remember my course numbers in order but I did A+, Linux+, Project+ first followed with both DBA courses then did the rest in order. I left Tech Comm and Capstone for last.

Hope you all the best. Time to learn to automate myself out of a job

Comments

• Options
    faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    Was the Tech Comm and Capstone really hard? I'm on my C170 class and working on the project.
  • Options
    Tech Comm they redid. It is 3 tasks and Task 1 and 2 were easy.
    Task 3 was not easy BUT email the CMs and you will get templates if you ask for them making Task 3 MUCH MUCH easier.

Capstone was not hard but just a LOT LOT LOT of writing.
  • Options
    faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    Congrats on finishing your bachlor. I think i'm going to study like you 1 hour in morning 1 hour at lunch and 2 at night.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome job!

Maybe masters next? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Nah, not at this time. I have no interest in the Master's program. Not at least until I find a company willing to pay for it.
    Now going to hit Python and see if I can automate my career a bit better.
  • Options
    shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Do you have any tips on effectively finishing classes (tech and GEs) at an accelerated pace?
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats! Do you have any tips on effectively finishing classes (tech and GEs) at an accelerated pace?

The ONE tip I learned that propelled me through my classes was a template I found for completing the assignments. I'd have to search for it when I get home, but basically don't try to form stuff into paragraphs and create a paper. Make it an outline format where you put A, A1, B, B2 for each requirement that way the grader knows exactly what work is for what requirement. I found it halfway through after SO MUCH frustration but when I started doing that, I flew through everything else. It's due to the people at the grader either not caring or not being able to sort through paragraphs to determine what information goes to what requirement.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    TibsTibs Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    The ONE tip I learned that propelled me through my classes was a template I found for completing the assignments. I'd have to search for it when I get home

Might this be it?
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YE21OEnd_F8BqOqwzkDGOFiFBuuY-Df_-pQH7TMuiKY/edit
  • Options

I emailed the CMs at the beginning of every course. Technical writing, Capstone, etc they had templates for me which made it go a lot faster. I read the chat box for the class to see what other students were having issues with as well so I knew what to study up on.

If you have to take spreadsheets the final is literally the preassessment but just different numbers.