Options

GCIH Study Material

nemo_greennemo_green Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been studying GCIH for a while now, but the materials i use is from 2016. Is that OK ? Is there a significant difference between the current material and those from 2016?

Comments

• Options
    SecurityNoobSecurityNoob Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't know but I would doubt there's a huge difference between them. You have the books from 2017?
  • Options
    BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think the classes and material remain the same for about a year.

They seem to update the material in the March/April timeframe and the exams change with the courseware.

Most of what changes are current events in malware and high profile incidents. So if you don't have the 2017 courseware, you may lose 2 or three questions in that area.

ie. Courseware issued in March 2017 (and the exam questions built around it) would probably not include refences to WannaCry, ShadowBrokers, or Goldeneye. But courseware issued March 2017 would probably be very good for exams up until March/April 2018.

So, if you're barely making it in the practice tests, you would want to study harder on the 2016 material and read up on all the cyber incidentds of 2016 and 2017 (which unecessarily broadens your focus outside the test requirements but increases your general knowledge).

I notice many SANS instructors subscribe to the practice that military trainers do. When they come upon a topic that will most likely be on the exam, they stomp their foot, pause, or otherwise put emphasis on the topic. I usually highlight those parts in the book when we come upon them during class.

So I recommend taking the exam within the 120 days or so before your exam voucher expires.
  • Options
    BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cylon ALERT! Possible metal among us! Or some bot with a pre-programmed text message?

07-12-2017, 01:09 PM
    [h=2]Thread: GCIH Study Material[/h]by nemo_green

Replies2Views124

[h=3]icon1.pngGCIH Study Material[/h]
    I have been studying GCIH for a while now, but the materials i use is from 2016. Is that OK ? Is there a significant difference between the current material and those from 2016?

07-12-2017, 01:08 PM
    [h=2]Thread: GCIH practice test[/h]by nemo_green

Replies2Views278

[h=3]icon1.pngI have been studying GCIH for a while now, but...[/h]
    I have been studying GCIH for a while now, but the materials i use is from 2016. Is that OK ? Is there a significant difference between the current material and those from 2016 ?

07-12-2017, 01:06 PM
    [h=2]Thread: GCIH Practice Test Giveaway[/h]by nemo_green

Replies14Views458

[h=3]icon1.pngI have been studying GCIH for a while now, but...[/h]

07-12-2017, 01:02 PM
    [h=2]Thread: GCIH Passed 7/7/2017 !!![/h]by nemo_green

Replies16Views540

[h=3]icon1.pngNeed Help on GCIH[/h]
    I have been studying GCIH for a while now, but the materials i use is from 2016. Is that OK ? Is there significant difference between the current material and those from 2016 ?