Options

Harvard Graduate Certificate - Cybersecurity

CyberJosh95CyberJosh95 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I was curious to know what you guys and gals think about this graduate certificate from the Harvard Extension school.

https://www.extension.harvard.edu/academics/professional-graduate-certificates/cybersecurity-certificate

I'm always looking for ways to stand out. I personally feel as it could be a huge resume boost on top of my current education, certifications and work experience. Especially since it has the name "Harvard" in the title.

What do you guys think? Anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• Options
    jelevatedjelevated Member Posts: 139
    The education and curriculum are sound. It is not cheap (approx $10k). You are required to earn a B in each course that counts for the certificate. For some courses this is impossible, for some courses its slightly less impossible. Caliber of your classmates is high.

A harvard extension certificate will have no where near, at all, what so ever, the impact of having a credential from s Harvard College, intact, the "extension" portion may raise some questions in the interview. "What is this extension school. Did you attend on campus". HES is legitimate but, well, its still the extension school. Don't be Hillary Duff. Several people have conveniently left "Extension Studies" off their resume (HES requires it when referring to the school) and get dragged through the mud because of it.

Just recognize it for what it is. A solid credential from a world class brand that isn't cheap. You may garner some respect but the main goal should be the education.
  • Options
    infosec123infosec123 Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have one of these from Cornell, a complete waste of time and money. I dont even put it on my resume anymore as I have had it for several years and no one anywhere ever has asked about it. Go get a M.S. from WGU or something, will be cheaper and will help you much more in the long run.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    There is one from Stanford as well that always looked pretty awesome to me: https://scpd.stanford.edu/public/category/courseCategoryCertificateProfile.do?method=load&certificateId=58042240

Nice way to get "Stanford" on your resume and it looks like it's only 4 courses.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com