Options

Job at Cisco

Rave18Rave18 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can someone get a Computer Networking related job at Cisco, based only on Certifications (minus a degree) ?

Thank You, in advance.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Apply and find out!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    There are a few people on this job that work for Cisco. You could always send them a message and ask what's up.

I assume they'd laugh you out of the building if you show up with only CompTia certs though.
  • Options
    ccie14023ccie14023 Member Posts: 183
    I assume they'd laugh you out of the building if you show up with only CompTia certs though.

Not if they're applying for an admin assistant position!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Show up to interview with Network+ and explain how you don't believe in vendor-specific certs. HIRED!!!
  • Options
    adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Show up to interview with Network+ and explain how you don't believe in vendor-specific certs. HIRED!!!

lol, nice!
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you have any experience? Degrees are not really a big thing here, at least in the area that I work. Certifications are looked well upon, but experience and passion are the keys in this culture.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Degrees aren't as important as skills, certs and experience imho
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Degrees aren't as important as skills, certs and experience imho

Agree with this, for networking. Good friend of mine runs an AT&T data center, has a BS and MS in CS which landed him a management positions (so it obviously helped), but let his CCNP expire and it has cost him some opportunities with Google and Amazon.

@ OP I've seen the CCNA work miracles for entry level employees. It's the only "entry" certification that I have seen do anything for anyone on a regular occurrence.