Options

Required percentage to pass CSA+

barmanbarman Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,
Does anybody know what's the required percentage to pass CSA+? I know that the passing score is 750, but what does it mean in percentage? it could be merely 75%, but it could also be 750 out of 900 (their maximum score) which is 83.33% or 650 out of 800 which is 81.25% So far, I get around 85% in pearsontestprep's review questions and around 75% in their exams.
By the way, the passing score in preasontestprep's site is 70% - does it represent the real number?

I feel that my knowledge is more than fine but I'm afraid to fall on questions like this:

While "stress test application" was my answer, the real answer is "user acceptance testing".
I don't agree with that answer, since you are supposed to provide the user a working product, and the user should confirm that the product is complete. You never provide a user an unusable application (at the acceptance testing phase), so what's the point in that answer? Also "security regression testing" could work here as a fine answer...

What are the chances to get such a question in the exam?
I will take the exam next week...

Hoping for the best. Thanks!
k1.jpg 13.7K

Comments

• Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The key to that question is the word "Unusable". If something is unusable, or usable, then it will affect the user. So in that case, the user needs to test it in a "real-world" scenario.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    barmanbarman Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Phalanx wrote: »
    The key to that question is the word "Unusable". If something is unusable, or usable, then it will affect the user. So in that case, the user needs to test it in a "real-world" scenario.

Ugh. I didn't think about it like that. I thought about the inability to operate the application. That actually makes more sense (and also user-usability testing. Duh :) ). Thanks!
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There's no actual percentage, as the questions are weighted differently. Theoretically, you could answer the top 70% of the most heavily weighted questions and pass, or you could miss the top 15% of questions and fail. No one really knows the weighting except CompTIA, so those numbers are just examples.