Options

Windows 7 70-680 progression

uzumaki_1uzumaki_1 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there all,

I need some advice here if anyone can help out.

Am working as a 1st line support technician at the moment. I do dab into 2nd line work quite often and I am wanting to progress into a full 2nd line support role. The company I work for also uses a hybrid of Windows 7 and 10 so i do support both OS's. My manager has worked out a plan for me to do the 70-680 exam (As he still feels that businesses are still using Windows 7 in majority of places) and after passing, a salary increase incentive (which would help me a great deal right now). I've nearly finished revision for the 70-680 exam and my god is there a lot to cover !!!

As am getting towards the end of the revision, I've kind of questioned if am revising for the right exam. I can see on the MS training website that the 70-680/685/686 exams are retiring around July next year.

Can anyone help me by advising on the below questions:

1. Is studying for the 70-680 and possibly 685/686 a good stepping stone into becoming a 2nd line technician ?

2. Should I be revising for the 70-698 (Installing and Configuring Windows 10) exam instead of the 680 exam ?

Thanks in advance.

-Raj