Options

First Data

Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
First Data will be opening a Research and Development (R&D) Centre 5-10mins from me in about January , while i know they are a data (software)company they obviously will need Network Technicians and general maintenance people and various other roles.Does anyone here work or have worked for them ? Let's assume (come january) i still have no experience in such a company , what would be a good selling point for me as far as certs go. Given that i am hoping to have CCENT by end of this month and then going straight into the ICND2 CCNA , im assuming that will take my studies to right around the Nov/December mark (im guesstimating 12-16 weeks for icnd2).Is there any one CERT i could also try start/finish after the CCNA that will get me noticed.As far as i know the terms in which they built in my town was that they employ a certain amount % of local workers. So i would love to get in there at any level.

Comments

• Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You may want to research them before applying... They are a payments processor, not a software company... I work for a competitor and they are also a vendor for us as well via one of our acquisitions...
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The title had we wondering what the heck this was about. Though it was a job with Everlast.
  • Options
    jcundiff wrote: »
    You may want to research them before applying... They are a payments processor, not a software company... I work for a competitor and they are also a vendor for us as well via one of our acquisitions...

Hi sorry yes i have researched them (sorta) , they have about 8 positions up at the moment all software related positions so just assumed a lot of the postions they will be looking to fill will be data input related. And yes i just realised i did call em a software company sorry about that.
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    The title had we wondering what the heck this was about. Though it was a job with Everlast.
    icon_lol.gif i edited it haha Fist of fury
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi sorry yes i have researched them (sorta) , they have about 8 positions up at the moment all software related positions so just assumed a lot of the postions they will be looking to fill will be data input related. And yes i just realised i did call em a software company sorry about that.

Bad for interview to think they are a different type of company :) yeah processors typically have positions ranging from customer service (call center) /data entry to sales to IT/InfoSec :) and job descriptions can often be confusing/misleading
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke