Options

Network guys show me your resume!

Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
I'm looking at revamping my resume as its been a while, in fact the last time I rewrote it was when I moved into IT from retail a few years ago.

It needs a total rewrite. I'm hoping some people in the network field would share theirs? Just for inspiration of course

Comments

• Options
    adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified?

• Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Err... forum search function?
    google?
    meh
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sounds like social engineering to me lol
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Let's see.

Well Once I took down the network, I put a tone generator on a line trying to trace down a Cat.5 cable, who could guess that blasting tone throughout the network is bad for it.

Another day I was trying to remove a cable under the raised floor in the computer room, it was stuck on something, so I gave it big tug can disconnected the MSU end that connected the AS/400 to the network.

While not strictly a network issue, one day we were running an IRS restore from tape, the job was running so slow, hours without activity I ended it. It locked up the job the system and locked the terminal I was using. Later when I tried to IPL the system, when I issued a shutdown command it locked that terminal too. I ended up flipping the power switch on the system to get it to reset, all the subsystems were stopped, except the one the IRS job was hung up on, so it wasn't a crash, just a hard reboot.

One day I was in a really foul mood, I was asked to fix a tough screen POS system, I looked at it, thought I fixed it and got a call not 5 minutes later it was still broke. Went back down the the bar and hit the touchscreen on the side, shattered the screen, now it was really broke. Replaced it, IBM replaced the screen a week later, no questions asked, was lucky, a new one was 2 grand.

I bricked a network switch before, but I was able to do a flash recovery on it.

I helped a co-worker create a network broadcast storm, well he created the storm, it was my fault not peer checking what he was doing. We had issues after a 4509 replacement and the closet he was in was too small to be into there with him to see what he was typing on the console.

From Halon ****, to network DOS attacks I created, to Bricked Switches and PC BSOD, I'm your guy. My resume is full of screw-ups, I mean learning opportunities over my long IT career, so still want to hire me?
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    sounds like social engineering to me lol

And not even trying hard. It's like hand out social engineering.
    meh
  • Options
    What planet are you guys on? Did you take a second to take a look at my profile? I bet not.
  • Options
    And what exactly am I trying to engineer according to the strange paranoid logic you have applied?
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    And what exactly am I trying to engineer according to the strange paranoid logic you have applied?

We don't know you. Plus you can goto indeed and look up resumes of people who are doing network/server stuff.

As far as the social engineering part, I'm sure people are just messing with you.

So I really think that you're better off going and doing some OSINT online to find what you're looking for. It's a lot easier that way anyways ;)
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****