Options

Why eLearnSecurity PTSv3 has been the best pentesting course so far.

xd4vidsxxd4vidsx Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Why eLearnSecurity PSTv3 has been the best pentesting course so far.

So, before the PTSv3 course, I wasn't into IT security at all. I barely knew the basics stuff that almost everyone knows, just a few terms but nothing else.

However, from the first day of the course I've never been bored about it. I thought it would have been like most informatics course where they only give you tons of documentations and that's it, you're good to go.

But this wasn't the case, the first thing I noticed was how well-structured it is, I could find anything in seconds, maybe something I didn't remember after a while, or just to check a paragraph two times, I had all the material to learn in the more comfortable way possible, and that's the reason why it became so easy to learn.

At the beginning I thought that it would take me a lot of time to learn everything, but in the end, the whole course was explained so well that I got my eJPT Certification in less than a month.

If you are going to take a course about pentesting, I would definitely suggest to go with eLearnSecurity, you really learn a lot in a easier and faster way.

https://elearnsecurity.com

Comments

• Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    On the surface this post sure feels like a superficial advertisement for eLearnSecurity. The thing is, I've taken that course and I agree with what you wrote 95%. It isn't perfect in my opinion, but a far better learning experience than the CEH for example. And it isn't utterly boring like I've discovered Linux's LFS201 or PMI's PMP to be (I know, not pen test examples). It can't compete on recognition though. Not yet anyways.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yoba222 wrote: »
    On the surface this post sure feels like a superficial advertisement for eLearnSecurity.

It's not. eLearnSecurity has asked its students to write reviews on their courses and post them wherever they can. The best post wins free training.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It is kind of a superficial advertisement. https://blog.elearnsecurity.com/elearnsecurity-review-contest.html The email they sent called out Techexams.net as a good place for the reviews as well. I'm sure there will be a flood of these coming in various forums soon enough.

But, I don't disagree. I only have the "Bare Bones" package, but am going to go with the Elite package in September to knock it out.
  • Options
    fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't finished it yet but went through more than half the course and I do feel like it's very good. I've done the CEH and I feel like eLearnSecurity course's are a lot better. I really wish they had better recognition amongst the masses and HR.
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will say, I have taken this course, and found it to be entertaining and even informative, I enjoyed it.

I was looking forward to taking the exam, for the fun of it, but due to a severe illness in my family that required some serious time investment, my voucher expired, and when I wrote this company and requested that they assist me with an exception due to an extenuating circumstance, they simply wrote back, we can't make an exception, otherwise we would have to do it for everyone.

Because of this I have chosen at this time, to not purchase any further courses from them. I realize they have a policy and they have every right to not assist, but seriously? I also have the right to spend my training dollars elsewhere.
  • Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    that's pretty crummy. you'd think that with some documented proof they could help you out. First thing is, no, you would not have to do it for everyone, because not everyone is dealing with a family medical emergency. Second, even if you did have to do it for everyone, is honoring a paid voucher really that big of an issue? They just lost some serious respect from me, and I've been and advocate and big source of advertisement for them.