Options

Is Collaboration a good choice?

offmymoundoffmymound Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to study Collaboration but I also don't want to study something and have it be dead in five to ten years. I'm wondering if Collaboration is a good thing to invest my time into.

It makes me think of how people these days interact with each other, we don't even call our friends or family the majority of the time, communications are just based over text messages (at least that's what my phone is used for). So how much impact in the coming years will this have on the way businesses adapt?

Will the UC certifications have not so much of a need for techs/engineers and will it be really worth the investment?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you're doing Cisco collab or Microsoft Collab, I think you're on the safe side of tech. Don't waste too much time making excuses disguised as precaution. If you work with Collab gear at work, or if you want simply to taste what it's like, take a book and learn a bit. Then see by yourself if it's worth it or not.
    Collaboration seems it is not vanishing. It's not a hot topic like cloud or SDN, maybe because people are taking it for granted more and more.