Options

Check out SSCP study materials I found today

BluesbreakerBluesbreaker Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been looking for some type of hands-on, simulated IT security environment with lessons, labs, exercises, etc. for SSCP cert.
Someone told me about ISC Sybex CBK kit. I found this today also. This is a highly rated college textbook called Fundamentals of Information Security Systems 3rd edition by Kim and Solomon. ISBN ending......6458.

The book also comes with the optional Virtual Security Cloud Labs 3.0 described as a hands-on immersive mock IT infrastructure. The lab is distributed through a partnership by Jones and Bartlett and Hatsize.

Does anyone have any experience with these study materials? I'm going to call tomorrow and see what it costs. The price of the labs without student discount would probably be cheaper than the total cost community college course costs.

Comments

• Options
    From what I'm being told by the distributor of this virtual lab course, I can't access it unless I enroll in the college course, because I would need custom integration and access code. But I'm trying to see if there is a work around to purchase this.
  • Options
    I got more clarification from the virtual course provider. You don't have to be enrolled in an instructor led course. You just use purchase the access code and use the labs through open enrollment. It costs about $125 for a six month cloud based subscription.

Does it seem worth it to you guys?