Options

Cybersecurity Certificate from Harvard University

clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wondering if anyone looked at the Cybersecurity Certificate from Harvard University? I have an MBA but I thought this certificate might worth adding to the resume. Regardless, I like to learn so I figure it wouldn't be a waste (given the type of electives you can choose from) and it would take care of a few years of CPE credits... maybe one of the most expensive ways to do that...

https://www.extension.harvard.edu/academics/professional-graduate-certificates/cybersecurity-certificate
Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F

Comments

• Options
    dizzy_kittydizzy_kitty Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Subscribing. I looked into it last year and had the same question but didn't find any answers for that specific certificate. One of my co-workers was enrolled in a different Harvard cert and really felt like he learned a lot from the program and his peers.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm curious about this, I'm sure almost anyone is doing it so they can say "I went to Harvard" when that isn't really accurate. The courses might be great but you're still paying over 10K for a certificate, not a degree.
  • Options
    dizzy_kittydizzy_kitty Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    10k gives you access to top knotch professors from Harvard. Some people may find the learning experience worth it. :) Even better if your employer covers the cost for certificates/tuition.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Right but my point was it's just for the name, right? I mean if you really want Harvard courses online strictly for learning there are a bunch free
    https://www.edx.org/course?search_query=harvard
    I just feel like for the same cost why not get an MS degree somewhere else?

I'm not even arguing against it, just trying to see both sides. I'm not sure "Harvard Extension School Certificate" has quite the same level of appeal as wanting to say "I went to Harvard"
  • Options
    Skyyyyy2001Skyyyyy2001 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    don't waste time on this, not that the certificate is no good, but your time and resources can be better spent elsewhere.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just my two cents: I did a quick search and here is what I found from Harvard regarding how to place their information on a resume. It would seem that you can use "Cybersecurity Certificate, Harvard University Extension School" or "Cybersecurity Certificate, Extension Studies, Harvard University".
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    If you were pursuing a Master's from Harvard, I'd suggest you get the certificate along with it. However, earning the certificate alone seems like a waste of time and money.

You should do it if your company is paying for it and you have all the good certs knocked out. (OSCP, OSCE, SANS stuff)

Having the word "Harvard" on your resume doesn't mean much unless its a degree.