CCDP Arch exam - storage networikg technolohies

StaffwuStaffwu Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello.
I'm preparing for the Arch exam and I noticed somewhere online there questions about SAN and storage technologies , Fibre channel , iSCSI .....
looking at the study meterial I'm using : Cisco on demand learning and Cisco press Arch study guide, I can't find any refenrce about those technologies.
My question is: do I need to read about this or it is belongs to the old exam version ?
Thanks.
Donald.

Comments

• matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah I'd be familiar with SAN/storage technologies and what they are. I'd buy the Cisco Press book for the Arch exam. Should give you everything you need to pass.
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • StaffwuStaffwu Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    matt333 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd be familiar with SAN/storage technologies and what they are. I'd buy the Cisco Press book for the Arch exam. Should give you everything you need to pass.

Ive got the latest Cisco press and there is no mention of it.
  • Seether12603Seether12603 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am studying for CCDP Arch and there is not a lot in book but the CBT Nuggets do cover SAN/NAS/Fibre Channel and ISIS. Granted it is not in great detail but it appears you will need to know the basics. Again do not know 100% as I have not taken the exam. You can find info those technologies in the CCNA Data Center books or via the google.
  • StaffwuStaffwu Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have failed the CCDP exam, close call.
    The exam is not easy.
    This is the first time I fail an exam and I must say, this exam is not about design, it's messy exam, topics are mixed up and they ask about details you don't need to know/memorise wasted money and I should've done something else.
  • matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Really? there was a lot of memorization involved? eg. QOS stuff?
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP