[300-101] CCNP Route - here we go

124»

Comments

• negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice work! Whats the plan for TSHOOT? Lab the real topology to become familiar, and then work the Boson Pre-Test for a week or two?

Thank you !! :) Really appreciate the good advice. It's been a pleasure seeing your journey unfold as well.

I guess my plan should / would be as follows:

- Review my SWITCH notes and re-lab every little thing up until I can do or troubleshoot half-drunk
    - Read the OCG's first chapters (those seem new; the others just re-hash SWITCH and ROUTE)
    - Buy Rene Molenaar's "How to Master TSHOOT" course
    - Do a re-watch of Chris Bryant's vid series + lab along
    - Buy these https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/cisco-learning-labs/for-ccnp-tshoot-v2-0-50-hour-180-day-cll-ccnpts-v2-0-50h180d-020163 and lab along (a kindred spirit pointed me this way :) )
    - Try the GNS3Vault labs for TSHOOT
    - Draw the topology in GNS3, get some of my colleagues at work to break it (one thing at a time) & try fixing stuff up
    - Sit down with Boson's ExSim and do my "trial by combat" lol
    - Watch any other vid (like Kevin Wallace's Bullseye tips) series for strategies on tackling TSHOOT

I'm a little tired but I'll put the pedal to the medal, starting this weekend.

Just a little more..
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
    clarson wrote: »
    congrats

and for all the info on studying for the ccnp. I'm working that cert also.

Thank you :) I hope some of this helps a little bit.

Also, Kawar Butt's CCNP series was *VERY* good (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_2JwIcDniE) I think it was the BEST resource for OSPF I came across so far.

Didn't finish his vids - still need to watch the last vid /day on BGP, MPLS and IS-IS.

I recommend watching his class. There's a lot of good stuff there. You'll be a lot more comfy with the OSPF database, LSAs etc after watching his stuff for example.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • HappyBearITHappyBearIT Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Negru_Tudor,

Wow, thats a ton! I think you'd ace it with just Boson and getting familiar with the topology. The tickets were ridiculously simple after coming off of ROUTE, and Boson covered the multiple choice and drag and drop topics to such a detail once you read their explanations for each answer that I knew the topics on the real thing in so much depth all of them were easy. To be honest, I believe the purpose of TSHOOT is to catch the dumpers. Anyone with any real world experience that passed ROUTE and SWITCH legit can pass TSHOOT without prepping for it, and a small prep makes for a perfect score.
    CISSP|CCNP R&S|CCNA Security|CCNA Wireless|ITIL Foundations|VMware vSphere 6.5 Foundations|BS-Computer Science|MBA|
    Pursuing: Linux+|VCP-DCV|PCAP|
    Negru_Tudor,

Wow, thats a ton! I think you'd ace it with just Boson and getting familiar with the topology. The tickets were ridiculously simple after coming off of ROUTE, and Boson covered the multiple choice and drag and drop topics to such a detail once you read their explanations for each answer that I knew the topics on the real thing in so much depth all of them were easy. To be honest, I believe the purpose of TSHOOT is to catch the dumpers. Anyone with any real world experience that passed ROUTE and SWITCH legit can pass TSHOOT without prepping for it, and a small prep makes for a perfect score.

Well, now that I look at it, yeah - looks a little bit like over-preparing.

The problem is that I've some nasty memories from when I did the CCNP Voice track. Technically TVOICE (the 5th and last exam on that track) should have been the easier of them 'cause it was just plain troubleshooting skills for stuff you've learned on the previous exams. Needless to say, I failed TVOICE very close to the passing mark (5% or something like that) and it really messed me up. I had been studying for about 1 year straight, day and night and failed it. Energy and morale were very low at that point & I was really disappointed with myself.

I'd rather over-prepare a little bit than fail. Every time I under-estimated something (work or otherwise), life somehow managed to kick me in the nut5 & bring me down to earth asap.

What I hope for, however, is that somewhere around the first week of April (if not a little bit earlier) to be done with TSHOOT if I manage to keep up the pace.

.... then I'll need to focus on CIPTV2 to bump the CCNP Voice to CCNP Collab until August 2018.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • Jose MonteroJose Montero Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All CCNP exams study materials:

Good luck!!!

You're in the wrong place amigo. Best remove the post yourself or the mods will do it instead.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA